Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Once Upon a Book Blog



I recently finished reading Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke, for about the third time. I hadn't read it for a while so thought I would, to remind myself why I like it so much! 

It is about Firedrake, a dragon, and a boy called Ben who set out on a magical journey to find the legendary place where the silver dragons can live in peace for ever. There are a lot of other interesting characters in the story and it keeps you interested and reading right from the first page. 

Has anyone else read it? What did you think about it? Who wants to borrow it when we return to school?

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Room 14 and Ms Wilkinson, great to see you blogging about your distant learning. Hauraki class are part of Te Waka Ako syndicate and we have been blogging a lot about the many things we have been up to during the holidays and the start of Term 2. I have seen this book many times but I haven't read it. I might find it and have a read as I like dragons and imaginary worlds. I have asked the students in Hauraki to start commenting on your individual blogs so hopefully they will do that soon. Maybe next week, given today is Friday! Kia atawhai kia kaha. Be kind be strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Ms Sands. I did try and get our blog up and going while we were in lockdown. Room 14 students also did quite a lot of blogging about their learning at home. I really enjoyed keeping up with what they were doing through their blogs. We are getting ready to start doing some commenting on your blogs, we have been looking at what makes a good comment. Yes I do recommend Dragon Rider as a good read and hope that some of my students will read it this year too.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post