Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Once Upon a Book Blog

I have finished reading The Top Secret Undercover Notes of Buttons McGinty by Rhys Darby and as the saying goes, "The jury is still out on this one." If you haven't heard that saying before it means that I am not sure whether I enjoyed this book or not and whether I would recommend others to read it. (A jury is the group of people in a court of law who decide whether someone is guilty or not.)

It is about a boy called Buttons McGinty on his mission to find his parents who are missing. Darby has called it a mystery-comedy book but I am just not sure it is funny.  Someone needs to read it and either agree with me or explain to me why it is a good read and why it is funny. Anyone think they might be keen to take up the challenge?!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Room 14, I'm Leilah from Waikowhai Primary School
    Your book you Finished was Amazing. I loved your blog post I like how you showed me a photo of the book. I Liked how the boy was was on a mission to find his family. I loved he blog post can't wait for your next blog post. I did you like about the character.
    From Leilah
    Stay safe

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post