Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Burn

Our new favourite game is called Burn. You stand in a circle and pass a ball around the circle. While you are passing the ball around the circle there is a person standing in the middle of the circle counting to 20 in their head. They can count to 20 at any speed they like. When they get to 20 they call out 'Burn' and open their eyes. The person who has the ball in their hands at that moment is out and has to sit down. This means that if you are standing next to people that are sitting down you have to jump over their legs to pass the ball to the next person. This gets quite tricky as more and more children get out!



5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Room 14! My name is Rael and I am a student from Waikowhai Primary School. I think ‘Burn’ is an awesome game. Did you guys make it up? This would be a great game for my class to play. I think the explanation was great and I understood the game clearly. Maybe next time, you could add in when you did this activity or why you guys did it.

    Anyways, I think this was a fabulous blogpost. If you would like, you guys could visit my blog at http://wpsraeln.blogspot.com/
    Enjoy the rest of your day, bye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malo e Leilei Room 14! I'm Ruta from Waikowhai Primary School. It sounds like you had fun this week playing the game burn. How fast was the game? Well your game sounds very interesting and I really want to play it. I like how you said the instructions clearly and having a few examples in the pictures. Maybe next time you guys can have a little video of how to play for other younger people.

    Anyways you have done a great job Room 14 and I hope you have a nice weekend. If you want to visit my blog go to https://wpsrutal.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for sharing your learning! Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi i really liked how you made a game to created for all your students. How long does it take to play?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi room 14 I might show my family the game burn. It sounds fun. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi room 14. I like your game you are playing. How many people do you need to play it? Next time you could put a video in.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post